Saturday, January 26, 2008

Soft Foods

Sorry. It's been a long time since I posted. Mostly because the holidays and family issues all seemed to come to a head at once. When family comes first, blogs, even family oriented ones, have to take a back seat.

Let me catch you up to date, though.

I recently had some dental work done that required a couple of extractions. Loosing teeth can put a real damper in a Foodie's day, Mormon or otherwise. It kind of limits the kinds of food you can enjoy while you heal up. You can read about it over at Campus Codger, if you're interested.

While I've been sticking to protein drinks, Jello, oatmeal, and the like while I heal up, it occurred to me that soft food doesn't have to mean a blender and it definitely doesn't have to be boring. There are plenty of wonderful soups available, and other soft foods that would be great for a cook with a tender mouth, but still satisfy the rest of the family.

I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem, either. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that love food but, for one reason or another, have been unable to enjoy it because of a sore mouth.

Rather than sit and feel sorry for ourselves, let's explore a few recipes and see what we can come up with for yummy, satisfying, soft food. I'll be posting a couple of experiments over the next couple of days, but I'd like to hear your ideas first. Go ahead and share your soft food solutions with the rest of us. I'll bet many of your's will top mine.

No comments: