Monday, March 3, 2008

Meatout Day 2008

March 20th is the Great American Meat Out Day!

I just learned about this from my friends at Mahalo, but it sounds kind of cool.

Starting in 1985, the Farm Animal Reform Movement has used this day to encourage people to "go vegetarian." I'm not a vegetarian by any means. I enjoy a good double cheeseburger every so often. If you've read the recipes in my blog, though, you'll see that a lot of them features veggies (like my vegetable smoothie), and are easily modifiable to be completely vegetarian (by substituting vegetable stock for chicken stock, for example).

I'm not ready to quit eating my animal friends all-together but, I'll definitely be observing FARM's Meat Out day.

For more information, head over to the official Meatout site.

No comments: